Sertraline is a member of the medication class called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). It is a FDA approved medication for the treatment of depression and anxiety. It is a common drug used to boost men’s sexual performance due to the positive side effect it has when taken.
One of the side effects of sertraline is that men who use them require more time and stimulation to ejaculate, which makes it a good premature ejaculation remedy. The use of sertraline is recommended by the American Urological Association as a good and safe treatment for P.E.
Avoid self medication. Make sure you consult a physician before following any of these information. This is not a medical advice and Lyonsmens won’t be held responsible for any misuse of any information within.
HOW IT WORKS
Sertraline can generally be used in two ways to treat premature ejaculation. It can be taken daily or it can be taken 4-8 hours before you plan to have sex.
‘’Daily use is generally more effective’’
Although some individuals may prefer to take a pill only when they plan to have sex instead of taking it daily. For example: people who do not have sex on a regular basis not want to be on meds everyday.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE ZOLOFT?
Ensure you follow your doctor’s advice and prescription when on Zoloft therapy. Do not overdose on Zoloft, follow instructions because your doctor might vary your doses until it meets your personal need. This means the right dose for you will be determined by your doctor.
- Zoloft tablets may be taken with or without food.
- Zoloft Oral Solution must be diluted before use.
- Do not mix Zoloft until you are ready to take it.
- When diluting Zoloft Oral Solution, use only water, ginger ale, lemon/lime soda, lemonade, or orange juice.
Note: If you miss a dose of Zoloft, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time.
Do not take two doses of ZOLOFT at the same time.
The following are common side effects of Zoloft:
- skin rash
- upset stomach
- stomach pain
- dry mouth
- changes in appetite
- abnormal ejaculation
- decreased sex drive
- difficulty having an orgasm
Ensure you tell your doctor if you have serious side effects of Zoloft. Also, let your doctor know all medications and supplements you are using.
If Zoloft is discontinued suddenly, withdrawal side effects include:
- abdominal cramps
- flu-like symptoms
- fatigue, and
- memory impairment.
Zoloft is contraindicated in the following patients:
- those taking it, or within 14 days of stopping because of an increased risk of serotonin syndrome.
- those taking pimozide, with known hypersensitivity to sertraline (e.g., anaphylaxis, angioedema)
- Those taking disulfiram. It should be noted that Zoloft oral solution contains alcohol, and concomitant use of Zoloft and disulfiram may result in a disulfiram-alcohol reaction.
The following are very important precautions you must follow to ensure your overall safety while using the product:
- Ensure you state and explain all your allergies to your doctor during consultation. This will enable your to doctor to make more efficient decisions.
- Zoloft contains inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Be cautious.
- Zoloft may result to dizziness when taken. Do not take alongside alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) because it can make you more dizzy or drowsy.
- It is advisable not to drive, use any machinery, or do anything that requires you alertness until you can do it safely.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products)
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially bleeding, or loss of coordination.
- Older adults may also be more likely to develop hyponatremia (salt imbalance) and loss of coordination can increase the risk of falling.
Q: Is it safe to drink while taking Zoloft?
A: Avoid alcohol completely while you take Zoloft.
Q: Can I get a Zoloft prescription online?
A: Yes, you can. Visit Lyonsmen’s US licensed in-house physician today to get diagnosed and after which a legal prescription will follow, if required.
Q: Does Zoloft treat premature ejaculation?
A: Yes, it does. It is a common remedy and a recommended one.